Last night we got the chance to speak at the Paris Smith Charity Conference about how charities can improve online fundraising with Social Media.
What We Covered at the Paris Smith Charity Conference
The session was packed to the brim with more than 50 people from charities all over the South Coast in attendance. The main topic of the session was centred around exploring how charities could use social media to engage new audiences and boost online donations. We also touched on some other activity that we, ahave used when working with other not-for-profit businesses. For example paid search management on the likes of Google Adwords and Bing as well as SEO. The session used real life examples to share and demonstrate the latest tips and tricks alongside useful industry tools.
- Choose the right social channel for your charity
- Embed social media into the entire fundraising process
- Never underestimate the importance of social media guidelines
- Always combine social media activity with a clear plan in mind
- Reply and interact with your followers
- Differentiate tactics for Donors and Doers
- Track your success to develop your future plans
If you attended last nights event, or are curious to find out more about marketing in the charity and not-for-profit sector, please feel free to contact us and we’d be happy to share the slides or talk you through the key takeaways.