What is UX Design?
User experience (UX) design is the practice of designing systems around your users that align to your business goals. By discovering who your users are and the problems they face you can learn how to make your website much easier for them to use.
Our UX consultants are on hand to offer their expertise to your design project right from the initial meeting through to the finished product.
Did you know: 94% of first time impressions are design related
Benefits of Happy Customers
User experience design should form part of any project to establish the necessary features that should be included, what problems the users are facing, the technical specification of the site, the site structure, the design, the digital marketing plans and even future business strategies. Happy customers return time and time again, because they enjoy the experience.
The benefits of this approach:
- Minimize the risk of failure of the project
- Increases usability and user engagement
- Increases user satisfaction
- Increase goal completion / sales
- Increased brand affinity through a well designed system
- Reduced support issues through a better functioning website
- Incorporating business and marketing goals through better understanding of the business strategy
- Reduce customer churn
- Increase customer acquisition
- Provide valuable information to your business about your customers, competitors and your market. This information can be used to inform your marketing, business strategy and future business decisions.
Did you know: 75% of users admit they decide on a company’s credibility based on its web design
The UX Process
Ask yourself these questions:
What problems are you trying to solve? – Even if you think you know what the problem is there’s always value in reassessing this just to confirm – there’s no harm in making sure.
What obstacles must you overcome? – Often, aspects such as time restrictions, budgeted costs and requirement limitations can be obstacles that you may need to overcome in order to achieve your goals.
What would you like your customer’s first impression to be? – First impressions are super important so make sure your design is eye catching and, of course, user friendly.
Did you know: 66% of users dedicate their attention to content below the fold
After we have identified the problem and audited all existing documentation, personas and analytical data we can define what tasks will be suitable for your specific project.
How we go about finding out everything we need to know could be dependant on a number of things such as budget, type of project or what documentation you already have.
Once all these aspects are in place and agreed we can start using our UX magic to transform your online platform into a welcoming experience for your users and customers to visit.
Did you know: It takes 50 milliseconds for users to form an opinion about your website
Common UX Problems
Are you facing any of these common UX problems:
- Poor calls to action
- Confusing user journeys
- Information overload
- Cluttered forms
- Lengthy / dull content
- Complicated site structure
- Broken functionality
- Poor accessibility features
- Poor navigational cues
- Badly designed user interface
Did you know: It takes 2.6 seconds for a customer’s eye to land on something influential on your site